This project has been brought to my attention and is posted over on Simpler Pastimes blog. Getting lost in the world of children's literature can be a fun and relaxing way to end the day as you transport back to the easier life of a child, leaving behind the everyday worries of being an adult now.
This event takes place in January and includes an optional read-along title, The Wonderful Wizard of Oz. This title has been on my want to read list for a while so I plan on reading it.
1. During the month of January, read as many Children’s Classics as you wish and post about them on your blog and/or leave a comment on Simpler Pastimes event page.
2. The optional RAL title: The Wonderful Wizard of Oz by L. Frank Baum. Discussion planned for the weekend of January 24-26.
3. For purpose of some definition book should be published prior to 1963 and appropriate for a young child to pre-teen age.
Read more to follow my progress.
- The Wonderful Wizard of Oz by L. Frank Baum (Completed 1/26/14)
- The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis (Completed 1/8/14)
- Prince Caspian: The Return to Narnia by C.S. Lewis (Completed 1/18/14)
- Emil and the Detectives by Erich Kästner (Completed 1/2/14)
[Notice: Original posting 2013-12-20 at Plethora of Books Blog: http://bookchallenges.weebly.com]
Tags: 2014 Reads, Projects, Dearly Departed, Classics, Children's