My favorite genre; non-fiction history is featured in this challenge.
I have a weakness for memoirs and WWII history so I am going to try and branch out into other history. Memoirs won't count for this challenge, so I will be searching out top notch historical books to use for this sail across the oceans blue.
Goal will be a scholarly 6 books; I certainly hope to sail past this mark. However a good weighty history book can take some time to get through and absorb all the details. So I will set a pace of one book each two months.
Book Rules (click the image a the right to be transported to Fanda's blog and sign-up)
1. Pick one or more History books written by historian(s)—must be pure non-fiction; historical fiction is not allowed.
2. It has to be a work through investigation and researches, and not only collecting and listing historical data.
3. Biography is permitted, but not Autobiography, as I think autobiography lacks the objectivity of a history.
Pick Your Historian Level
- Student : read 1 to 3 books
- Scholar: read 4 to 6 books
- Historian: read 7 or more books
List of books will be posted by 12-31-13 for this challenge after the read more link. I need to look through the history book I am eyeing for next year and decide which books count as scholarly history.