In addition to participating in the Mount TBR challenge to attempt to save some of my limited funds from filling more of my book crannies I have decided to borrow a minimum of 24 books from the local library. This helps my pocketbook and helps keep their circulation numbers up, win-win situation. Lucky for me my local system has a decent selection and participates in a large portion of the ILL system, I have been able to stumble upon some books in rare circulation. Some of these are so fragile looking I've almost been afraid to read them.
I have a feeling I might blow right past this goal. I already have a list of holds scheduled for next year that almost equals 24. My problem sometimes is making it through all the reads before I need to return them. Especially with the new releases that can't be renewed and I have a few of those on hold. Murphy seems to have this rule that says the books all need to come in at the same time instead of slowly trickling in. Watch the read more link for the list.
1. Wide Sargasso Sea by Jean Rhys (1/24/14)
2. The Elephant and His Secret - Fable based on Gabriela Mistral's work by Doris Dana (2/4/14)
3. The Devil in the Shape of a Woman by Carol F. Karlsen (2/25/14)
4. Witches: The Absolutely True Tale of Disaster in Salem by Rosalyn Schanzer (3/4/14)
5. History's Witches: An Illustrated Guide by Lisa Graves (3/6/14)
6. Thérèse Raquin by Émile Zola (4/12/14)
7. The Trial by Franz Kafka (5/3/14)
8. Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis (5/20/14)
9. Hunger by Knut Hamsun (5/30/14)
10. Madame Bovary by Gustave Flaubert (6/11/14)
11. The Great Divorce by C.S. Lewis (6/12/14)
12. The Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis (6/14/14)
[Notice: Original posting 2013-12-20 at Plethora of Books Blog: http://bookchallenges.weebly.com]
Tags: 2014 Reads, Projects