The rule basics, sign-up and full details at Howling Frog's Blog:
- Challenge runs from January 1 - December 31, 2014
- Arthurian "cousins" count.
- Works are categorized by date; Old (pre-1800), Modern (1800-1950), and Recent (1950+). If you wish to read Recent works, that's fine, but you must read more Old and Modern works than Recent.
- Page: read 2 works, one of which may be Recent.
- Squire: read 3-4 works, one may be recent and one must be Old.
- Knight: read 5-6 works. Two may be Recent and one must be Old.
- Paladin: read more than 6 works. Two may be Recent and two must be Old, unless you include a non-fiction work (see Bonus).
My goal will be Paladin with 7 books, including a non-fiction work. See my thoughts for this level by following the read more link.
So that leaves me with a project list that is shaping up as follows:
- Old #1: Sir Gawain and the Green Knight by The Pearl Poet
- Old #2: Le Morte d'Arthur by Sir Thomas Malory
- Modern #1: The Witch in the Wood by T.H. White
- Modern #2: Ill-Made Knight by T.H. White
- Recent #1: Candle in the Wind by T.H. White (Book Four in The Once and Future King)
- Recent #2: still deciding
- Non-Fiction #1: still deciding
[Notice: Original posting 2013-12-20 at Plethora of Books Blog: http://bookchallenges.weebly.com]
Tags: 2014 Reads, Challenges